Friday, May 27, 2011

Very Berry Bad Day! :)

Yesterday was by far, what many people would consider a bad day. Lets start off with the begging. I woke up later than I wanted, so couldn't get my scheduled run in. It wasn't that bad, but I had another graduation party to get to, so had to get all dressed up, and not be sweaty, (although I was all for going in my running gear:))

The party was a nice and simple one. Good eats, that I did not take a picture of because didn't want the people at my table, to think I was a total nut. But maybe they do anyways :) On the menu was a spread of fabulous food. There was a spread of cheese and whole wheat crackers, veggie tray's with broccoli, baby carrots, and cucumbers! There was also some roasted chicken legs, sauteed beef and onions, mushroom soup, and Mediterranean style rice. I had a little bit of everything, except the rice, not a huge fan unless it's brown basmati!

Well my day went kinda down hill from there. When I finally got home, I decided to get my run in. Well in the middle of my run, my lovely grandma needed to b picked up from the eye doctor. So i stopped my run and went to get her, which I totally didn't mind. Well on my way out I decided to bring my water bottle with me to drink some water. Well I guess I left the cap a bit opened, and next thing you know it, everything is soaking wet in my purse! My camera, wallet, important documents, etc. I tried to save all that I could, but my camera, unfortunately was dead:(, and just when I start to blog! Huh Oh well, its just an excuse to get another one.

So for now, bare with me my friends, I will be taking pics via my iPhone, so they may not be of the best quality.

Now on too my eats:

Last night I had overnight oats for dinnah! You see they were meant to be eaten for breakfast that day, but since I was running late for the party, decided to eat them for dinner.



Very Berry overnight oties:)

This was a winning combination my friends.

In the mix:

1/3 cup strawberry greek yogurt
1/3 cup brown sugar oatmeal ( via oat revolution brand)
1/3 cup organic lactose free milk
3 organic strawberries
handful of blueberries
handful of black berries
half a nanner

The next day I added:

Some peanutbuttah
Spoon full of blackberry jam
handful of almonds

It was very yummy!

This morning I enjoyed an un-pictured nanner cause I was huungrrryyy, and another Clif Kid Zbar.


It was blueberry flavored, and very scrumptious.

So what I mean by a very bad to some people is, as a cancer survivor I try to brush the little things off, and look on the bright side; like getting a new camera. You see going through such a life changing experience, such as being diagnosed with cancer, has really made me step back and analyze whats really important in my life, and whats really worth getting upset over. When worst comes to worst, I know that I will get through it, and that the sun will always rise tomorrow:)

Question of the day:

How do you turn your frown upside down, when nothing seems to be going right?

p.s. sorry for the kinda picture less post, I promise I will try to get better at taking pics of my food:)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your bad day!!!

    Thanks for your sweet/funny comment on my last post. The job is at a learning center for people with learning disabilities. I haven't graduated yet, but at the interview they said they prefer people with bachelor's degrees.... wish they had told me that ahead of time!

    If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got diagnosed with cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Allison; The job your applying for sounds phenomenal!Im sure even though, you still have not graduated, your capabilities will show otherwise:)

    Im am currently twenty years old, but was diganosed at the age of thriteen, and finished treatment two months before I turned fifteen:) I am planning on doing an about me page, but I am finding a bit diffcult, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I need to 'turn a frown upside down' I need to spend some alone "ME" time. Listen to music loudly (and sing along), dance around the house, paint my toes, read some blogs, and eat some good food.

    I'm glad I found your blog, and look forward to reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gigi,

    Aww thank you! I'll let you know when I find out.

    Oh my gosh- I can't believe you were only 13! Wow, that is so incredibly young. You are so brave. I imagine writing about that would be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the best way to turn things around is to hang out with friends, relax and just laugh!
    simpleeatsfood.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, dear! let me know what you think of it once you use it :)

    ReplyDelete